The University of Virginia Tackles Large-Scale Changes With Growing Change Capabilities
Written by Sue Emond
The iconic University of Virginia, founded by Thomas Jefferson in 1819, is home to approximately 24,000 students, 16,000 faculty and staff, and 12,000 Health System team members.
A few years ago, UVA was experiencing change fatigue and a host of challenges related to managing siloed projects and struggling to achieve desired project outcomes. The University identified several areas of opportunity to improve these operations:
- Bring change management capability into the organization
- Focus more on the people side of change
- Manage the cumulative and collective impact of change
- Integrate project management and change management
- Elevate its project portfolio management initiative
Since then, the University’s Organizational Excellence program has hosted three onsite Prosci Change Management Certification Programs. Today, 54 Prosci Change Practitioners manage change in the organization.
Hear from UVA program leaders and change practitioners about how they’re using the Prosci Methodology to deliver on program and project goals. Check out their success story, UVA Elevates Project Portfolio Management With Change Management.