This section applies only to residents of the State of California and generally describes how we collect, use, and disclose the personal information of California residents and their households (“California Personal Information”).
This section applies only to the extent we direct the purposes and means of California Personal Information processing and otherwise qualify as a business subject to the CCPA. It does not apply to personal information excluded or excepted from requirements of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CCPA”).
California Personal Information We Collect
We may collect, and may have collected in the preceding 12 months, the following categories of California Personal Information, as described in more detail above in the “Information We Collect” section:
- Identifiers, including online identifiers.
- Commercial information.
- Internet and other electronic activity information.
- Inferences drawn from your activity.
- Geolocation data.
- Professional or employment-related information which may also include protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- Other categories of personal information described in California law.
Sources of California Personal Information We Collect
Purposes for Which We Use California Personal Information
We may collect and use the categories of California Personal Information described in the “California Personal Information We Collect” section above for one or more of the business and commercial purposes described in the “How We Use Your Information” section above.
Disclosures of California Personal Information for a Business Purpose
In the preceding 12 months, we may have disclosed the categories of California Personal Information listed below to the categories of third parties identified below for a business purpose:
- Identifiers, including online identifiers—with our service providers.
- Commercial information—with our service providers.
- Internet and other electronic activity information—with our service providers.
- Inferences drawn from your activity—with our service providers.
- Geolocation data—with our service providers.
- Other categories of personal information described in California law—with our service providers.
Sales of California Personal Information
In the preceding 12 months, we have not “sold” or “shared” (as those terms are defined under the CCPA) California Personal Information. We do not sell California Personal Information, and we do not have actual knowledge that we sell California Personal Information of consumers under 16 years of age.
California Personal Information Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their California Personal Information. This section describes those rights and explains how to exercise those rights to the extent we direct the purposes and means of the processing of your California Personal Information processing and otherwise qualify as a “business” under the CCPA.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
California residents have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use, disclosure, and sale of your California Personal Information over the past 12 months. If we receive and confirm a verifiable consumer request from you pursuant to the “Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights” section below, we will disclose to you, depending on the scope of the request:
- The categories of California Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the California Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting California Personal Information about you.
- The categories of third parties with which we share your California Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of California Personal Information we collected about you.
- If we disclosed your California Personal Information for a business purpose, a list of the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed California Personal Information for a business purpose identifying the categories of California Personal Information disclosed to those parties in the preceding 12 months.
Deletion Request Rights
California residents have the right to request that we delete California Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request pursuant to the “Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights” section below, we will delete your California Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
You may designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf through a signed written permission that authorizes the agent to act on your behalf. We may mandate additional requirements when submitted through an authorized agent, such as requiring you to verify your identity directly with us or to directly confirm the authorized agent’s permission to act on your behalf.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. Your request must provide information sufficient to permit us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected California Personal Information, or an authorized agent of that person. In order to verify your request, we may require you to provide additional information, including account profile information such as your Services email address and other information elements necessary to verify your identity. Your request also must include sufficient detail for us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with California Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the California Personal Information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, if you have a password-protected account with us we consider requests made through that account sufficiently verified when the request relates to California Personal Information associated with that specific account.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of the verifiable request. If we cannot fulfill, or are permitted to decline, your request then we will alert you or your authorized agent. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your California Personal Information that is readily usable.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision, and we reserve the right to either refuse to act on your request or charge you a reasonable fee to complete your request if it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded.
Subject to certain exceptions, you have the rights to not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your access, data portability, opt-out, and deletion rights described above.