Building Change Capability with eLearning
Written by Susie Taylor
Many organizations are looking to build enterprise-wide change management capabilities and equip employees, managers and leaders with the skills they need to lead themselves and others through change. Yet global dispersion, remote workforces, and sheer lack of time can often prohibit educating people in change management.
While in-person training is ideal and often leads to the best learning outcomes, what happens when you need to reach people now and in-person training is not an option, at least yet? This is the situation many of our clients face. To help bridge the gap between immediate need and ideal training solutions, Prosci has developed a suite of virtual, introductory change management eLearning modules.
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” – Benjamin Franklin
Using eLearning to build capability
Organizations use Prosci eLearning to build change management capability in five common ways. Over the next several posts, we will explore these five use cases for eLearning:
- Support project results: Research shows that the more effectively you apply change management, the more likely you are to achieve results. Engaging more people in a specific change through eLearning can be an integral part of your effective change strategy.
- Build common language for change: Virtual learning can reach many people quickly and establish a common vernacular for change around the ADKAR Model.
- Engage managers: Engaging managers in changes and helping them understand their role as a leader of change is critical to change success. eLearning can provide an immediate, easily deployed way to reach managers.
- Empower employees: Engaged employees is a critical success factor for organizational change, yet many organizations struggle to reach all employees with skills and tools for navigating change. eLearning can provide an experiential touchpoint and empower employees to take control of their change experience.
- Drive change at scale: Research shows that the majority of today’s changes are enterprise-wide and organizations are more globally dispersed than ever. eLearning is the ideal mechanism to reach many people quickly and consistently.
Why Prosci eLearning?
Prosci’s eLearning modules provide an experiential introduction to both general and role-based change management content. For each module, participants focus on building foundational knowledge in the specific topic, engage with the content through examples, and then apply their learnings to their own change. Each module ends with takeaways and action items for the participant.
Prosci’s suite of eLearning modules includes:
- Introduction to Change Management: Based on Prosci’s foundational Five Tenets of Change Management, this module introduces learners to the fundamental “why” and “what” of change management.
- Introduction to ADKAR: By providing an applicable introduction to the Prosci ADKAR Model, this module helps leaders understand how to use the ADKAR Model to identify and overcome their own barriers to change.
- Introduction to Leading Change: This module brings together best practices for managers leading change and presents simple, easily applied tactics for people managers to be effective leaders of change.
- Thriving through Change: This module helps front-line employees understand their role in successful change and provides specific strategies for engaging productively in change.
Want to experience the modules for yourself? Check out our eLearning overview page.